E2E encourages our clients to stay informed with updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and to read all plan updates from healthcare providers sent to you as employers and employees. Be sure to check your member portals and websites, too.
Please visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the most current information on Coronavirus.
Below is information as support and reinforcement of the information being shared by the providers. Some of information provided by the provders is directing employees to free and reduced costs for COVID-19 related services available through temporarily modified contractual language.
Be sure to read about important updates from Humana as of July 2020. Click now...
The Humana team is available to assist you locally and they have also established a dedicated phone service line: 1-800-592-3005 and email account COVIDquestions@humana.com to answer COVID-19 related questions. Continually updated resources and information can be found at www.humana.com/coronavirus.
Answers to members’ frequently asked questions are also available online. Click now for a PDF version of this FAQ.
An educational infographic with COVID prevention tips can be accessed here.
Recent PDF resources from Humana to read and share with employees:
- An important communication for Humana Employer Group clients
- Quality care that’s virtually there 24/7 Doctor On Demand® is there for your everyday health needs
- Educating your employees about Doctor On Demand starts with you
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Work-Life Services
SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD EXTENDED until April 15, 2020. Coverage effective April 1, 2020
Anthem opened a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) from now until April 15, 2020 to make benefits available to employees in Fully Insured Small and Large Groups who previously waived participation in employer-sponsored plans. State eligibility guidelines will apply.
Employees who were eligible for benefits during employers' Open Enrollment are eligible for this SEP if they had previously waived coverage.
How it works
Employers will follow the standard process of sending updated enrollments to Anthem, just as you would for any qualifying event or enrollment period, through your elected format of 834s, the EmployerAccess portal or other approved methods.
What about ASO groups?
ASO groups decide whether they'll offer the SEP. However, these ASO MEWA plans are included in the SEP:
- OH - Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance (SOCA) Benefit Plan
- MO - Missouri Chamber Benefit Plan
- GA - Georgia Chamber SMART Plans, Georgia FARM Plans
- KY - ChamberAdvantage
- IN - ChamberCare Health Alliance
Anthem’s waiver of copays, coinsurance and deductibles and prior authorization will extend to this focused tests used to diagnose COVID-19 for all of Anthem’s affiliated health plan fully-insured, Individual, Medicaid and Medicare members when medically necessary. This also applies to Chamber SMART and Farm plans.
More Anthem BCBC resources:
Here is a link to their blog that is updated regularly.
Recent PDF resources from Anthem BCBS to share with employees:
- Important facts about coronavirus COVID-19 - Here’s what it is, how you can prevent it, and what your plan covers
- Coronavirus COVID-19 frequently asked questions - What it is, how to prevent it, what Anthem benefits cover
Aetna is providing a Special Enrollment Period opt-in for most of its insured commercial group insurance and Small Group Aetna Funding Advantage (AFA) customers to offer a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) to their eligible populations.
The SEP is limited to eligible employees and dependents who did not previously elect coverage with their Plan Sponsor. Plan Sponsors with Section 125 plans should consult with their own benefit advisors regarding this action.
This enrollment opportunity will be offered from Monday, April 6, through Friday, April 17, 2020.
If you have an employee who is eligible for this SEP, please follow these steps.
- Ask the employee to complete an enrollment form and submit it to the human resources department.
- Once you as the employer receives the completed form, please send it to: email@example.com on or before Friday, April 17th.
- An E2E Expert will then submit the enrollment form via a special email at Aenta.
Please read your Aetna plan updates allowing for extra benefits for members in response to COVID-19.
Aetna and Caremark members can call the Aetna Nurse Medical Line, 24/7, with their questions: 1-800-556-1555.
Click now for their Frequently Asked Questions section.
The Aetna crisis response lines (available to anyone in the U.S.) offer 24/7 confidential counseling and support. Call 1-833-327-AETNA (2386).
UnitedHealth Group has set up a COVID-19 microsite for members with more information.
Additional resources for United Healthcare members
- Access your health plan account: Sign in to your health plan account to find network health care providers, understand benefits coverage, manage prescriptions and more.
- Call a UnitedHealthcare advocate: If you have health benefits questions, need help finding a health care provider or would like to talk to a nurse, call the phone number on your UnitedHealthcare member ID card.
- Get emotional support: Call the UHC emotional support line any time at 866-342-6892. This 24/7 Optum Help Line is staffed by professionally trained mental health experts. It is free of charge and open to anyone.
- All Savers expanding access to care through HealthiestYou - To ensure your employees have access to the care they need, All Savers® is offering its fully insured employers access to HealthiestYou™ until at least April 30, 2020. HealthiestYou is a health care service that offers convenient, confidential access to quality doctors 24/7, at no additional cost to the employer or its employees. Members of All Savers fully insured employers can access HealthiestYou by downloading the HealthiestYou (HY) app, visiting member.healthiestyou.com.
- We encourage employees to use HealthiestYou to help answer any general questions or concerns they may have about COVID-19. Please know that a doctor cannot test or treat for COVID-19 virtually. Employers also can provide this helpful document to your employees to get started.
As you have other questions or concerns, please connect with an E2E Expert. Be sure to also read our blog "Emergency Changes to Georgia Unemployment & Families First Coronavirus Response Act."